Online Resource Guide to Medical Disability Rights
In the United States, there are laws to protect the rights of people with disabilities. It is important for people with disabilities to learn about their rights and benefits. Without knowing about what they are entitled to, people with disabilities can be subjected to discrimination or miss the opportunities which are available to them. On the Internet, there is a wealth of information for people with disabilities as well as their family members. Here is an online guide to medical disability rights.
- Disability Benefits: The Social Security Administration provides a lot of information on disability benefits.
- Social Security Disability Benefit Programs: Learn how to apply for the Social Security Disability Benefit Programs.
- Benefits: Just answer some questions to find out which Government benefits are available for you.
- Short-Term Disability Insurance: The Los Alamos National Laboratory provides information on the special insurance for people with disabilities to protect them from total loss of income.
- SSDI and SSI: The page provides the differences between Social Security Disability Insurance and Supplemental Security Income.
- Higher Education: A paper discussing how schools can improve their assistance for students with disabilities.
- IDEA: The National Resource Center on AD/HD provides information on how the Individuals with Disabilities Act protect students with disabilities.
- Special Education: The Disability Rights Education & Defense Fund offers information on special education for children with disabilities.
- Education & Disability: UNESCO provides information on the goals and purpose of the Flagship on Education for All and the Right to Education for Persons with Disabilities.
- NCDET: The official site of the National Center for Disability Education & Training.
- Employment: The Office of Disability Employment Policy provides resources for people with disabilities.
- Federal Employment: The U.S. Office of Personnel Management offers information on the employment of people with disabilities in federal agencies.
- What Can You Do?: The campaign seeks to promote the employment of people with disabilities.
- EDI: The Employment and Disability Institute is committed to expand the employment opportunities for people with disabilities.
- Employment & Training: The World Bank provides information on employment and training for people with disabilities.
- Disability Rights Laws: U.S. Department of Justice offers a guide to disability rights laws.
- Disability Laws: Learn about different aspects of disability laws.
- Guide to Disability Law: This is a guide to federal and state disability laws.
- Disability Laws, Regulations, and Guidance: The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services provides more information on disability laws.
- California State Disability Laws: The Stanford University provides information on the disability laws in the state of California.
- DRA: The Disability Rights Advocates is committed to advance the civil rights of people with disabilities.
- Disability Rights California: The organization is dedicated to promote the rights of California residents with disabilities.
- NAPAS: Homepage of the National Disability Rights Network for the protection and advocacy of the rights of people with disabilities.
- DRLC: The official site of the Disability Rights Legal Center, committed to uphold the rights of individuals with disabilities.
- IDRM: The International Disability Rights Monitor is dedicated to promote the integration of people with disabilities into society.
- Disability Access: Information on transportation laws with regards to people with disabilities.
- Transportation Assistance: The program by the State of Wisconsin to assist the elderly and passengers with disabilities.
- Disability Minnesota: Transportation resources for people with disabilities in Minnesota covering medical waivers, disability parking, and paratransit service.
- Vermont: The State of Vermont offers information on transportation programs, and providers of services.
- Transportation: Provides great travel resources for people with disabilities.